SilveOS.com is a Silverlight operating system (sometimes called a Web OS or a Webtop
or a cloud computer). It brings the convenience and comfort you know from classical
desktop applications into your browser. SilveOS.com gives you a familiar work interface
that looks the same whether you’re working at your home computer, or remotely from
a borrowed or public computer. System hosts all of your data and applications on
the web so that they are accessible from Internet browser and not tied down locally
to any one. You can launch applications right away without installation and it will
be executed in draggable and resizable windows.
SilveOS.com is web-based and requires Silverlight 4
to operate. Application runs in Silverlight’s security sandbox. By default code
is restricted from accessing your file system or doing anything that could hurt
your machine. Besides desktop, taskbar, start menu and sidebar, currently it includes
- File Explorer
- Internet Explorer
- Video Player
- Rich test editor
- RSS reader
- Twitter client
- Flickr viewer
- Youtube viewer
- Virtual Earth
- Games like Chess, Solitaire, Spider, Minesweeper etc.
The system supports installing external software. But this program should be developed
in Silverlight and be available in Internet or local file system.
- Convenience and freedom - A personalized desktop, files, apps are available
and accessible from any computer in the world.
- No more administration - No more software installation, software update,
worry about anti-virus.
- Security - Less prone to typical attacks, viruses, worms, vulnerabilities,
spyware and disk crashes.
- Personalization – It includes such features as themes, wallpapers and user
- Hardware - Performance doesn't depend much on the speed of your computer.
- Entertainment - Being online, SilveOS.com offers more opportunities for communicating
- Cost - It is free.
Questions about the SilveOS.com can be asked at http://forum.silveos.com
This content requires Microsoft Silverlight.